Monday 29 April 2013

Book Worm - Richard Scarry books

Do you remember this or any other of Richard Scarry's books?  

I loved it.  It was written with the intention that children would be amused but at the same time learn about words and numbers and even about things like sharing and helping.
 
And it worked.  I lapped up every image.  I loved the human qualities of the animals and the enormity of the elephant perched on his trike.
And I scoured the different rooms, looking for humorous pictures of the 'children' getting up to mischief.  I was completely duped by the fact that I was learning English, Maths, Geography, Zoology and Ethics at the same time!
All images © Golden Books

Richard Scarry wrote over 300 books and sold over 150 million copies world-wide.   They are timeless classics and I urge you to get onto ebay or Amazon and snap one up today!


3 comments:

  1. This blog will really proof very beneficial to improve vocabulary. You can also visit www.luckythechildrensbook.com. Kids inspirational book is very important for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will check this website out. Thanks for sharing it with us, Sandy.

      Delete
  2. I've just discovered that I gave a copy of this book to my nephew a few years ago, so thrilled to see that my sister thought it worthy of a blog mention. Thanks Sis.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.