Thursday 25 April 2013

Meet the Maker - Jake Winkle, Artist


Hens
I'm lucky enough to own one of Jake Winkle's watercolours.  Well, perhaps not lucky so much as canny because I bought it for my husband for Xmas one year!  Win, win!
Although the image above is not mine, ours is also of chickens.  The colours are stunning and really work, even though you wouldn't find them on a real hen.  And the shadows ... well I'm no critic but I just love them.
I had originally thought that horse-racing was Jake's trademark as I had seen them at several exhibitions but he paints much more than animals.  There are scenes of Venice, Africa, cafe life and coastlines too.  
A panaromic view of his and my home town, Blandford, is on public display and can be viewed any time in a sheltered spot near the Church in the town centre.
All images © Jake Winkle
He runs courses too and if these are anything to go by, he's clearly good at explaining his methods.
And you can find out more about his art and workshops on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.