Friday 19 April 2013

Meet the Maker - Rosie Cake-Diva


Inspired by a post shared on the Cobwebknits' news feed, and with my younger daughter's first birthday coming up, I thought I'd attempt one of these amazing cakes by Rosie Dummer, of Rosie Cake-Diva.   Here's the link to the tutorial with step by step instructions on how to make this fabulous spotty cake.

Bespoke cakes with a splash of 'Ooh La La'! certainly sums up Rosie's cakes perfectly.  She describes herself as a manic mum of 4, based in the beautiful Ribble Valley. Shebakes and decorates cakes to make any event special and personal. And as you can see from just a small selection of her cakes, her imagination has no limits!

As well as the more traditional, she caters for every taste and each cake tells a story.
I love this cake with the words 'If you go down in the woods today ....'

'.... You're sure of a big surprise.'


And cakes aren't just for kids.  If Rosie needs any further endorsement of her products, the fact that the author wanted to see this design pretty much seals it.

Oh, yes, and here's the one I made for my daughter's first birthday.  Not bad, even though I say so myself.  (And we agree; editor)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.