Wednesday 1 May 2013

Meet the Maker - Kate Lycett, Artist

I love discovering new artists - well new to me that is.  And it's not difficult to see what attracted me to Kate Lycett's work.  The vibrancy of her work is stunning.
Her textile design background is clear from the way she paints.   She see patterns in everything: the hills adorned with houses and washing lines, rows of flower pots and stripes of brightly painted drain pipes. 
Kate works with acrylics, inks and gouache and uses lines of gold thread to trace lines through the landscape and gold leaf to change the surface of my pictures with the changing light of day.
As well as selling her work online, prints and paintings are available at Heart in Hebden Bridge and she sells cards and lanterns at Radiance.
Kate lives in Hebden Bridge with her husband and three small children and she takes inspiration from the warmth, colour and community in which she lives.
All images (c) Kate Lycett

5 comments:

  1. I love the colours. Really rich and strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you agree. I think the lanterns would look stunning in any setting. Must get some for myself.

      Delete
  2. hello! Thanks so much for mentioning Radiance. Kate Lycett sure is a clever one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It was lovely to discover your site too. I think Kate's work is just incredible. I imagine it's even better in real life. I've had to make do with the online images only.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What utterly stunning work. I can see why Su has given Kate a mention.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.