Monday 20 May 2013

Trivial Pursuits - embroidery with Wendy Stephenson


Another find on Facebook.  I wasn't sure whether to put this in the category Meet the Maker or Trivial Pursuits, but since she produces embroidery patterns to complement her adorable watercolours, I thought I'd include it in this section in the hope it may inspire some of you to have a go yourselves.
It was actually the sweet stitched image below that I saw first.  Made by Wendy Stephenson of snap dragon ....
Image of She stood in the storm Embroidery Pattern
.. a little further investigation unearthed more of her work including these cute little ceramic pots, cushions and other textiles.
I'm not sure if she does illustrations for childrens' books, but judging by these, she certainly could.
And so a little about the artist ...
"I love to take photographs, draw, paint, stitch and watch the clouds. If I can combine all these with a swim, then it's a day well spent. So welcome to my little studio space, and I hope you find something to make you smile!'

[jan+31+2011+014.jpg]
All images (c) Wendy Stephenson


1 comment:

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.