Sunday 9 February 2014

Book worm - Soup for Every Day - 365 recipes!

We have a fussy dog - Tyler.  Well, I'm not convinced he's that fussy but my husband thinks he has a short life and should be fed well so he gets fresh chicken every week. And if he doesn't, he sulks!
Problem is that it leaves us with a carcass every time.  However, we came up with a solution - make our own chicken stock. This presented another question - what to do with it?  Answer - soup.  And thankfully my sister-in-law suggested a great book so I have lots of fresh ideas.
Just been making roasted pepper, sweetcorn and chilli soup which tasted absolutely delicious, so I thought I'd share the book suggestion.  I was lucky enough to get it for a fiver from Amazon but it doesn't seem to be that price at the moment although the Book People do it for roughly the same price and you can order it online.
And of course, I can't resist a tenuous link.  How can I make a link to one of my hats? Sweetcorn, of course.  
Do you have a favourite soup?  Let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.