Monday 10 March 2014

Trivial Pursuits - New Ways to Show Off your Photos

If, like me, you are guilty of taking photos and never doing anything more than storing them in files on your computer, you may be looking for some unusual ways to display or share them.

I found these, and more, on Huffington Post's website and thought I would share.  Some I didn't like and others wouldn't suit my home, but I'm certainly going to have a go at a couple of these, especially the envelopes which would be great to personalise thank you cards.
This is a simple way of displaying photos on a shelf or table top.  You can find out how Rikki recycles the jars for use on her website here.
And I'm definitely going to be using this idea for sending out business correspondence.  The simple advertising that I will be able to include with various images of babes in my hats will be perfect.  And I'm sure grandparents would love to open a thank you card with a photo inside the envelope too.  See how to make them here.
And I'm going to rethink how I display my art in the kitchen when we finally renovate it.  I love this idea of wooden clip boards which was created by Love Grows Wild.  Check them out here.
I assumed that these coasters had been sent away to be made. I know that most of the supermarkets and photo labs make them, but it is possible to make your own.  If you want to a have a go, check out Granny Girls' website here.
And if you want to let someone else do the work for you, these lovely framed windows are available on Etsy.
I've been doing a bit of my own recycling in the office.  I took the prints from last year's calendar and mounted them in some old frames I had brought with me from our last home.  But although I love the images, I think I might have to try something a bit more original with the way I display them.  If you want to see some more amazing photos I've been sent by both customers and professionals check out our galleries on the website.
Do you have unique and interesting ways of using or displaying your photos?  Do let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.